We talk so much on this blog about the serious implications of eye health that it’s time for something that will make you smile! Our first two Fun Vision Fact posts were so successful that a new one is long overdue. Some of these facts even surprised us. Welcome to the wacky and wonderful world of eyesight!
Under the Sea
Though these fun facts may seem a bit fishy at first, they’re all true! Let’s dive into the ocean of fishy facts:
- Fish don’t have to worry about dry eyes because they are always in the water. Eyelids keep our eyes moist, and since fish eyes are always moist, they don’t have eyelids!
- Sharks’ corneas are so similar to humans’ corneas that they have even been used successfully in surgeries.
- The Atlantic Giant Squid also has giant eyes—their eyes can be as wide as 16 inches.
- Fish eyes are surprisingly similar to human eyes!
Babies are seeing the world for the first time and not surprisingly, babies don’t see as well as we do from the moment they’re born. Their eyes and vision is still developing. We had to share these two interesting facts about our little ones’ little eyes:
- Babies who are less than 3 months old don’t produce tears when they cry! Believe it or not, babies may look and sound as though they are crying, but they aren’t. Any new parent, however, will agree that with or without tears their babies are still signaling that when it comes down to it – there isn’t a whole lot of difference between tearful and tearless crying.
- Babies see upside down! Well, babies see upside down for the first few hours of their lives. When humans are first born, the brain doesn’t yet know how to invert images so that they look right side up. Next time you meet a newborn, remember to stand on your head!
Our Ocu-Plus Formula Contains All 17 of the Vitamins, Minerals, and Herbal Supplements to Improve Your Eye Health!
We’re always finding new and surprising ocular information. Here are a few eye facts we had to share with you!
- Eyes are Busy – Eyes are a muscle and out of all the muscles in our body, they are the busiest. Think of it this way – you don’t walk or stand or even sit all day but when you’re awake, you’re probably using your eyes! Whew, they must be tired, huh?
- Blind by Day, Sight by Night – Blind people who were born with normal vision can still see their dreamworlds. That’s right, folks born able to see properly dream in sight and see things in their dreams.
- Battle of the Sexes – Apparently, women blink TWICE as much as their male counterparts. Next time you’re bored at a party, compare how much a man blinks compared to a woman.
Did any of these fun eye facts surprise you? If you have a little-known eye fact up your sleeve, please comment with it below!
5 Easy Ways to Improve Your Eye Health Now
Signup Now to Receive My Free Email Series on Improving and Preserving Your Eye Health Naturally.